Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

A Home

It has been three years since we've owned our home! THREE YEARS! It was my husbands bachelor pad for about three months, but since I moved in, we've been slowly making it our own. I would say that within the last year our house has really become our home.  It wasn't that the first two years I hated our home, it just still didn't have much of our style.  I think what has made the biggest difference is having a little girl running around, she makes us want our home to be even more homey.  So, recently I have finally started making our bedroom a little more "us."  
When we first moved in we talked about doing red as an accent color in our bedroom.  As it turns out, I'm not a huge fan of red, so I kicked out our old lamp shade that was a darker shade of red.  I found a drum lamp shade at Goodwill and decided it would be perfect to upcycle!  

Then, I remembered a sweater that I picked up from Goodwill to make a pillow and some leg warmers out of.  I originally though about using twine, but I have wrapped stuff in twine before and that can be very time consuming. 




I would have loved to use the bottom portion, but I already dedicated that part to a pillow.  Plus, the top turtle neck portion was the perfect size for the lamp shade already.  All I did was cut along the seam where the turtle neck portion meets the rest of the sweater. Then, I plugged in my hot glue gun, wrapped the shade in the sweater, pulled it tight, and hot glued the top and bottom to the inside of the shade. 




I love it!

So simple!



2 comments:

  1. Love it :) So simple and cute! I really need to start hitting up our goodwill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You really should, especially since they always have different items coming in!

      Delete