Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2011

New Digs for Little Girl C


There is one room in this house that started to transform incredibly fast.  Why did it have to transform fast?  Well, it's a nursery, so pretty much we had about nine months to get this little room painted, put the crib together, paint old our old furniture to turn it in to her new furniture, and then add decorations afterward. During this nine months my husband happened to be gone at basic training and AIT, so really, we ended up with about ten weeks towards the end of my pregnancy to finish all of this.  Now that our sweet little girl is here, the room needs some extra loving as far as decorations go, but there will be more on that later.  In my previous post I mentioned that I had to patch huge gashes in the walls of our home.  Let me tell you, it was NOT fun.  


Here is how the little room started out when we first bought the house.

 

And again

 

These are the previously mentioned holes after some patching.
When I first started the prepping for painting the room I had no idea what was ahead of me.  These were only some of the holes and they were all about this size. This was not an enjoyable experience and I would definitely like to find another method for patching the next time I find them in our home. If any of you have tips, PLEASE feel free to let me in on them.


So, after the process of patching was completed, the painting could finally begin.  We originally wanted a gender neutral nursery, but when we went to Lowe's we came out with something much different in mind.




After the room was painted, in went the crib and we started on the furniture.  I'm sorry for the lack of before pictures for these, but imagine the dresser a very dark green, and the table to be a light purple. Got an idea of the before color in your head? 




 

These are both spray painted with Rustoleum's Heirloom White
Quite an update from their previous state, and both were completely free since the table was mine before I was married and the dresser was his.


Now, about this dresser.  I'm not sure if you might have noticed, but it is lacking knobs.  The ones that were on it before were just round wooden balls and I wasn't crazy about them.  I've always liked the look of crystal knobs, so I wanted to give them a try.  All I needed were some knobs (which were given to us), the screws, and a screw driver. Easy enough.  

Here the dresser is after the knobs were added
I'm actually not sure how I feel about them, but we will give it a little bit of time and see.  I still have a ton of decorating to do in this room, like adding a mirror above her dresser, putting pictures up, hanging curtains, etc.  I'm actually working on some decorations for her room now, so come on back and check them out!

 

Kasie 

No comments:

Post a Comment