Pages

Friday, October 21, 2011

Red Door No More

From the moment we moved into our house I hated our red door.  I'm not sure why, but I think it had something to do with all of the red.  I mean, our house is already made up of red brick, so why on earth would I want to add to that?  After searching the internet, my husband and I found a color we could agree on.  He wasn't that difficult to convince I showed him one picture and he said "deal, when do you want to paint it?"  Surprising since usually the reaction is more like "why do you need to paint it?," "I hate when you want to paint," "it looks fine the way it is."  So thank you for that love!  Anyway we agreed on painting our door something similar to this.
Original Green Door Plan
Well, once we got to Home Depot we had already vetoed using a paint brush and bucket so spray paint was the way to go.  Turns out, Home Depot had shades of green, but none like this green.  We thought about searching for spray paint somewhere else, but we were too lazy and didn't care THAT much about this green. So, we grabbed a paint swatch that was similar to our brick color and began searching through the colors of spray paint they did have and we choose...
Red Door Gone!
Rustoleum Painter's Touch in granite and satin finish! I love it! Now we just have to paint our other front door...yes, we have two! Weird, right?  We bought two cans of spray paint and together they cost us about seven dollars (plus we still have about half a can left)!  So if you're looking for a cheap door update this is the way to go!  What color do you like to dress up your front door with?  





Kasie

No comments:

Post a Comment